Looking for Berlin maps? You have come to the right place. On this page you’ll find a collection of various different useful, rare and informative Berlin maps: street maps, public transport maps, historical maps, etc.
I will continuously add more links to more maps as well as draw some by myself. Additionally I will also add more and more links to Berlin maps that you can purchase online – mostly street maps and historical maps.
And if you happen to come across an interesting Berlin map, that is not listed here yet, then please feel free to let me know and/or add a pointer to the comments section. Thank you!
Berlin Wall Map (PDF)
Some time ago I made this Berlin Wall map. Please feel free to download and/or share.
Berlin Street Maps online
- berlin.de/stadtplan – the ‘official Berlin Street Map’ – a feature rich city map on the official homepage of the City of Berlin, featuring street and address search, parking garages, tourist sights, hotels, museums, public transport etc.
Berlin Street Maps you can buy and take with you
A foldable popout street map of Berlin city center that fits in your pocket, public tranport map included
At amazon.com: Berlin Berlitz PopOut Map (Berlitz PopOut Maps)
This street map contains a booklet attached to the cover, including a street index, a metro plan and a map of the Greater Berlin area – useful, if you want to really explore Berlin and the surrounding region, lakes etc.
At amazon.com: Berlin (City Map)
A laminated street map of Berlin’s City Center, public transport map included
Berlin Transport Maps: Berlin S-Bahn Map, Subway, Tram, Metro, etc.
- BVG Journey Planner > Map – an interactive map of Berlin with all public transport lines: S-Bahn, Subway, Tram, Metro, Buses, Ferries
- link to PDF-Version of Berlin S-Bahn Map incl. subway – the inner city grid (“S+U-Bahnnetz mit Regionalbahn: Innenstadt”)
- link to PDF-Version of complete public transport grid, subway and S-Bahn (S+U-Bahnnetz mit Regionalbahn: Berlin ABC)
- link to PDF-Version of Berlin Tram Map (“Straßenbahnnetz”)
- link to PDF-Version of Berlin Night Lines map (“Nachtnetz”)
- ‘Live view’ on Berlin’s public transport vehicles – a continuously updated street map – see Busses, Trams, U-Bahn etc. moving across the city in real time. Or actually not ‘real’ real time – but almost.
Berlin Shopping Maps
- Recycling goes fashion: directory and map of various upcycling fashion and design shops in Berlin
- Neukölln Schatzkarte (Neukölln Treasure Map) – A map/list of over 50 shops and cafés in Neukölln: “The places where we eat, shop, work and play are what makes our community feel like home.” (map download / PDF)
Historical Berlin Maps – reprints you can buy online
A Berlin & Potsdam Elite Touring Map of 1937, Vintage – “Nach Potsdam Sanssouci und in die Mark Brandenburg” – Map Reprint 36″ X 50″
View details / buy at amazon.com: 1937 Berlin & Potsdam Elite Touring Map Vintage – Map Reprint 36″ X 50″
Another historical map of Berlin: the “Birds Eye Map” – circa 1931 Vintage Reproduction 24″ high x 36″ wide (610mm high x 915mm wide)
View details / buy at amazon.com: Birds Eye Map of BERLIN circa 1931 24″ x 36″ (610mm x 915mm)
See Berlin’s city center as it was on this vintage street map from 1905: the Brandenburg Gate, the old City Castle, the Tiergarten – Map Reprint available in different sizes: 23.1″x 16″ – 61″x41.4″
View details / buy at amazon.com: Vintage Map of Berlin Germany (1905) (Giclee Art Print)
A reprint of a historical map of Berlin’s City Center in 1811 – Vintage – Map Reprint 36″ X 49″
View details / buy at amazon.com: 1811 Grundriss Historical Map of Berlin
A map that shows what Berlin looked like around 1688 – you can clearly see the historical Berlin Wall and what is now the Museum Island etc. – reprint 12″ x 8″
View details / buy at amazon.com: Vintage Map of Berlin from 1688
Historical Berlin Maps (online)
- HistoMap Berlin – an interactive tool to navigate a vast collection of historical Berlin maps by overlaying the current Berlin street map.
- Alt-Berlin.info – an tool to navigate a vast collection of historical Berlin maps from 1738 through 1989 (start page)
- Berlin 1860 – a map layer that lets you navigate the historical City Center of Berlin. Very nice: you can see parts of the historical Berlin Wall, including all the historical gates
- S-, U- und Straßen- Bahn Netzspinnen – a directory of historical public transport maps
- List of historical maps of Berlin – at Wikimedia Commons
Berlin Wall Maps (online)
- The Wall inside the city – an interactive map showing the former course of the Berlin Wall inside the city – featuring memorial sites etc.
- Berlin Wall Map at Google Maps, showing rather exactly where the Berlin Wall used to be.
- Memorial Landscape Berlin Wall – an interactive map (google map) with texts and media about the Berlin Wall by ‘Stiftung Berliner Mauer’
Special Berlin Maps (online)
- BBBike – route planner for cyclists
- The Berlin Swimming Map – a map of Berlin lakes, open air swimming pools and public transport (how to get there)
- Stolpersteine – a map with of over 6000 Berlin Stolpersteine / stumble blocks listed (more on Berlin Stolpersteine / stumble blocks)
- Berlin Traffic Map – just click on the map labeled ‘traffic map’ and you’ll get a map of Berlin with construction sites, traffic jams and closed roads – a service by the City of Berlin
- Bicycle Route Planner – an online tool that lets you find routes recommended for cycling across Berlin City
- Pumps of Berlin is an interactive map of “all” free accessible bicycle pumps across the city: “Got a flat? Or do you just want to keep your tires perfectly pumped? Here’s where to go!“
- Ping Pong Map: find ping pong tables on this interactive online map: (pingpongmap.net)
- Sledge riding: a more or less interactive map of Berlin with all the recommended sledding hills / toboggan runs named and marked:
- Berlin U-Bahn Sightseeing Map PDF is a cute (maybe a bit too cute?) illustrated map featuring a few of Berlin’s sightseeing highlights – and subway tracks.
- Post Boxes: Want to send a postcard from Berlin, but don’t know where the next post box is? The Deutsche Post has an easy to use online tool for that: just enter your current location (in most cases street name will do) and the interactive map will show you where to find post boxes (“Briefkästen”). If you want to find a post office instead, you just need to click on “Filiales” and the tool will show you a map with the nearest post offices. And (of course) the ‘post box finder’ also works on mobile devices.
- Recycling Centers – BSR service stations where you can leave trash like furniture, renovation leftovers and TV sets etc. (more on trash and recycling)
- Free WiFi Berlin – cafés and restaurants offerung free internet access (more on Berlin internet access)
…to be continued…
Do you have and thoughts, suggestions, additional recommendations or comments? Please feel free to leave your comment below. Thank you!